Savour Winnipeg’s Fantastic Forest Forage is back! As featured in Canadian Gardening, Global TV, and MacLean’s Magazine, we’ve once again teamed up with outdoor educator and foraging fan Barret Miller to bring you a guided excursion that unearths the edible bounty available in our own back yard. We teach the basics of wild food gathering, covering plant identification, tools of the trade, tips and tricks for finding your favourite vittles, and sample whatever we find.
Foraging classes, wild edible excursions, guided tours and eco tourism opportunities like the Fantastic Forest Forage routinely cost $100, $200 even $500. We offer three options for the would be forager including, and no matter what you purchase, kids 12* and under always forage free:
Join us on any date we offer for an hour-and-a-half of education which covers tools of the trade, why we forage, where to forage, and provides an overview of Manitoba’s choicest edibles. We’ll also sample anything we find.Buy Tickets
Same experience as the single access, but way better bang for your buck. Join us for any six sessions and see how the season presents many edibles or many opportunities to enjoy and harvest from a single plant. At $60 for six dates, that’s only $10 per session.Buy Tickets
Season Pass Package
Because what’s edible changes with the season, we don’t want you to miss a thing. With our Full Season Pass, we offer each and every single date. We also include the updated 2018 Fantastic Forest Forage Handbook, and the hand-made, Prairie Notebook featuring seeded paper cover. That’s all EIGHT sessions, the handbook and notebook for $76. By far the best value at less than $10 per session.Buy Tickets
- Saturday, May 26 | 1:00PM – 2:30PM | Assiniboine Forest
- Sunday, June 9 | 1:00PM – 2:30PM | Little Mountain Park
- Wednesday, June 27 | 6:30PM – 8:00PM | Assiniboine Forest
- Sunday, July 8 | 1:00PM – 2:30PM | Assiniboine Forest
- Wednesday, July 25 | 6:30PM – 8:00PM | Little Mountain Park
- Saturday, August 18 | 1:00PM – 2:30PM | Bois-des-esprits (Seine River Park)
- Wednesday, August 29 | 6:30PM – 8:00PM | Little Mountain Park
- Saturday, September 8 | 1:00PM – 2:30PM | Assiniboine Forest
*Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket pass.